Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Ultimate Battle

A couple of weeks ago (when I was still playing active on my druid. A male tauren druid by the name 'Maro" with the standard 0/30/21 spec) i signed up for Arathi Basin. I got the enter message, but had to do something so I entered in the last few seconds. The gates are already open en I click the button to get the playerscreen. Here is where it gets weird. I see 2 players. 2 players? Yes, only 2 players? Myself and an alliance warrior. Gates are open, so I kinda stand there, clueless what to do and waiting for the "not enough players, this battle will end in 2(?) minutes"- message.

But that did not happen.

I get the message that Alliance captured the stables and will have it in 1 minute and it kicked in right there and then. Omg, 1v1, I need to do something! My much-too-mathematical mind immediatly calculates that I am behind now and have some catching up to do. If she (it was a female human -my guess is protection as she used a 1h with a shield- warrior) just goes from flag to flag, I will loose. The first strategy that comes to mind is getting flags that she has instead of taking uncontested ones as that will net me more. So i go straight for the stables, not touching farm at all and think if I just will run to what she is claiming, I will come out on top in the end.

And the mindgames began! I was thrilled really as this was something different than the usual zerg. We walk back and forth claiming eachothers flags until we run into eachother. I am still 3-2 behind because of the start (she had stables, mine and was busy with the farm, before I even touched a flag), but I am attacking stables to turn the tables. She charges and a small fight ensues. I am in feral gear and let me tell you that feralgear does absolutely nothing against a prot warrior. I managed to do what druids do very well: escape.

3-2 behind, come on, COME ON, COME ON!!. Think of something! It was clear she understood now that if she just ran to what I was attacking, she would win in the end. I switched to healing gear and put on my goblin rocket helmet (engineering ftw!). Healing gear + innervate > protection warriors! I charged her with my rocket helmet and knocked her silly, took the flag just before she came out and a little battle began. I was loosing again, so sprinted out and went back in. She turned to the flag and began to take it. I moonfired, she intercepted, I escaped.

She turned to the flag and began to take it. I moonfired, she intercepted, I escaped.
She turned to the flag and began to take it. I moonfired, she intercepted, I escaped.
She turned to the flag and began to take it. I moonfired, she intercepted, I escaped.
She turned to the flag and began to take it. I moonfired, she intercepted, I escaped.

It took indeed 5 turns before she understood that time was on my side now (3-2 in my advantage) and this was not working at all. She seemed to panic and rode away with me behind her. Well, we had a nice 29 or so minute battle this way. This is where the story ends, I have a screeny with prove. See how this ended. Too me it felt like the ultimate battle, with me as ultimate winner. And the score? Well, I remember a quote: "It's not about winning, it's about totally demoralizing your opponent".

I think I just did that...and yes, it felt awesome.


-- Zhero

1 Comments:

Blogger Music said...

Thats so weird, must have been a great battle

12:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home