Thursday, January 04, 2007

Jasmina

Jasmina is lvl 60. She is a female troll hunter. Last night I grinded the last 1,25 level. Some guildies thought I had done that very quick, but the thruth is she is older than most of them.

Back when WoW came out most Ravens (Talanor, Nevermore, Tardark to name a few) moved from Ryzom to WoW. I hung on to Ryzom for 1 week longer and was digging there in the Prime Roots to level my PrimeRootsHarvesting (which was very high I might add :D). It was empty in the guildchat, a few leftovers and that was it. I was digging there for a few nights and decided I had to buy the game as well. I went to the shop, bought the game and Vin and Nevermore told me to make a tauren on skullcrusher. I made a druid (since I liked them a lot in Diablo II) without a clue on what to do. It turned out Vin (Talanor) and Dieter (Tantor) had taurens as well and I started to do a little catchup on them. Later I stopped the druid when I saw UD’s for the first time in X-roads. They looked awesome! That was something that did not seem so from the creationscreen. I stopped my 24 druid, made an ud-mage and started playing that.

By that time my daughter had joy in creating characters. She knew how it worked and sometimes when I came home I had 12 new chars (all lvl 1-3) on different servers. Gnomes, elves, humans, trolls, orcs etc. All female and all different. She liked to play with different hair, different looks etc. I came home and she took me upstairs to proudly show me the ones she made. They had the most strange names: Liakji, Fuiku, Kjhdie etc. She always asked me to pronounce the names and then had the biggest fun. While sitting there with her she made a female troll hunter. When we had to enter the name, she asked me to name it “Jasmina” and so I did. She did the standard lvl 3 and then quit. And so, Jasmina was born. And that was even before Zhero was created or Sonia was higher than lvl 20.

As Jasmina was on Skullcrusher, I didn’t delete it. I used to delete a lot of the chars she made to prevent having 8 chars on every server possible and one night I decided to surprise her and levelled Jasmina to level 10 and got a pet. The day after I showed her and she liked it a lot (ofcourse :D) and she started playing with it. I taught her to send the pet and shoot. She did that and pressed all the buttons on the bar for shooting (I removed all irrelevant buttons for her, so she could not press ‘wrong’). She started to enjoy it. I came home another day and she had been busy in the Barrens shooting everything in sight and slowly levelling Jasmina while in the mean time collecting “schatjes” (dutch for treasure). Her bank was (and to this day still is) filled with pearls and shiny stuff. The gold bar Vinnie has send to her is up till now her most valuable treasure.

I did not play with Jasmina, but she did every once in a while. Best thing was that she learned how to pick up quests (yellow exclamation mark) but could not read what to do. So she picked up all quests she could find and started to randomly kill stuff untill something like “barrens tiger 1/6” appeared. She then kept on killing them untill she completed that quest.

Nice story from back then: At lvl 22 I send her to Ashenvale and while we had visitors she had been busy there for an hour or so. When I came upstairs I noticed that she was playing in a group with someone and I just read his question in the chat. It was something along the lines of “do you have this quest as well”. I quickly jumped in and typed that he was playing with a 5-year-old and she could not read it. He was surprised and said she did real well and they had been playing together for over 45 minutes. She just jumped on the target he selected with pet and Jasmina and they killed them together. I was proud :D

It was not untill a few weeks ago when she asked me to level Jasmina to lvl 60. Jasmina was 28 at that time with 5 days /played. I did not look back and the last 2 weeks I have been powerplaying and made it to 60 in /played 9 days and 11 hours. Hunter is by far the easiest class to level. Just spec beastmastery and go. I used a levellingguide (to test it as well for my upcoming paladin, it is really really helpful) and made her 60. 2 days ago she asked me another thing, while I had in my mind to get some pvp-gear to replace the green sh1t I am using now, and made me realize she and I are playing different games: “And dad, when she is 60, will you get her some nice looking dress as well?”.

True story

-- Zhero (taking a 9 day break from levelling now)

9 Comments:

Blogger Music said...

sweet story :)

"Best thing was that she learned how to pick up quests (yellow exclamation mark) but could not read what to do. So she picked up all quests she could find and started to randomly kill stuff untill something like “barrens tiger 1/6” appeared. She then kept on killing them untill she completed that quest."

except for being able to read what to do, this is generally how I quest as well :)

15:11  
Blogger Muda said...

Grats on level 60, now go find some dresses for her ;)

16:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when you were here with her and she played Jasmina for a few miuntes. The mob started to run and you said, 'Now you have to go and get it.' And she said calmly, 'No, he'll get it.' and sent her pet. That was just too cool. :D

20:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a sweet kid you got there dude, Gratz on 60 Btw and good luck whit the pvp gear and a nice dress :)

13:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

serra ftw... ur suxh grind junky tbh :p. Gratz on 60 noobie

jur / szwokzor out

15:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear daddy. to me you are chinese..

true story :)

my gold bars pawn ofcourse!

11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot a part of the story that every time you logged on she had replaced all items with those she liked and of course spinnie (spider) her pet :)
And ofcourse having a hunter lvl 24 who had the ashara flightpath!!!
Always love your serra stories dude :)

always listen to deadpool

11:53  
Blogger Zhero said...

hehe, seems you guys remember her actions all to well. Good to read :D

11:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day after I showed her and she liked it a lot (ofcourse :D) and she started playing with it


-Dear god, rephrase please! REPHRASE!

10:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home