Wednesday, December 27, 2006

PvP-mania?

That’s all there is at the moment. Everyone and his mom is pvp-ing. If you do /who Molten, you will find an empty list. Guilds are not raiding, people are bored and either preparing for their new character or pvp-ing. Honor is what it is all about and most people want that fast, so they make premades. Those premades jump from BG to BG to find a PUG-group which they can steamroll very fast, so they can get honor faster. A lot of premades do this. They avoid eachother to avoid lenghty games to avoid getting not so much honor. Day in, day out, week in, week out.

And what for?

Now don’t get me wrong, I do like PvP. Just premades owning left and right is not my cup of tea. I love to battle a better geared player, I just can’t handle 5 of them at once (and I am a warlock! But don’t worry: I made a ticket for this. Warlocks should be able to handle 5 better geared players at once). I like to PvP ‘old style’ with nice 1 on 1 battles, so we went out ganking in Silithus a couple of times (which resulted in us being corpsecamped. Now THAT’s how it should be) and gained some honor in the process, but not as much as we could have made in premades. I have to be honest: I did enjoy the few times I entered our own guildpremades and won, but it just doesn’t cut it for me. It has all to do with better communication (Teamspeak vs. /BG-chat) and not so much with skill.
Arena will be different as there you will have premade vs. premade.

So I levelled my daughter’s hunter from 34 to 50 atm and trying to get it to 60 before TBC. Maybe even throw in some blue gear, so she will be ready for TBC (she does not play much anymore, she mostly plays The Frozen Throne (warcraft III) and then the custom maps) and I do it to keep myself busy. Half of january my female bloodelf paladin (with the name Soni) will be created and I will level her to 70 first. At least that is the planning.

And that’s what it is for most people I assume. They are keeping themselves busy until TBC. You CAN NOT keep yourself busy if you do not set goals, so we make our own goals.
- 2/4/6 pieces R12/R13 gear
- HWL/GM weapons
- Levelling an alt to 60
- Collecting gold
- Getting reputation
- Starting a new alt mage (uhhh...???)
It is almost impossible to keep yourself busy without goals. So people are not really pvp-ing for the gear. They know it will be obsolete soon. They are just keeping themselves busy until TBC.

3 weeks people, 3....more....weeks.

-- Zhero (almost got 2 pieces R12 gear now)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myself lvled my hunter to 51 now going for some honor to get blue pvp set.

the smart thing to do for me should be to get a 2 h high warlord sword cause it will make lvling in the tbc so much easier (2 weeks to become lvl70, first week 1 hour sleep a day) but it's sooooo depressing to pvp with a warrior these days :(

but as you said 3 more weeks and then it's on!!!

always listen to deadpool

13:43  
Blogger Music said...

Can't say I disagree more :)

When I played my druid before, I had no mangle, no imp leader of the pack, no innervate, no new rank rejuvenation and we didn't do AQ20 yet and hardly any ZG.

So, no way for me to get decent gear. I had the best stuff possible, like tombstone breastplate and shadowcraft cap, fist of omokk, but hardly enough to even beat a hunter pet.

How, with this patch, there finally is a way to get every druids dream items, so I am not gonna miss it :) If I had to kill 10.000 furby's to get them, I would, no matter what!

You see, for dps classes its easy to get dps gear, for example: ZG, MC, class quest rewards, whatever, but a class that can heal all these suddenly turn into pure healing items.

So finally, after more then a year waiting, my druid is actually able to kill other players in pvp!

09:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home