Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wanna roleplay?

Think before getting on one of those servers, you never know what you're gonna get!

Now this is a classic and I am just posting it here for it’s unique place in WoW-history. You might have missed it if you’re not playing that long. (and besides that I had a little mail-conversation about roleplaying with Vinnie and Milker which reminded me of this one). This was posted on some guild’s forum where one of their members had experienced this back in 2005:

**********
“Out of sheer boredom and the need to do a little PvP research, I recently found myself exploring the Deeprun Tram on a local roleplaying server. With exploration under way, I trekked deep within the confines of the tram and found something rather unusual. What was this standing before me? Two naked night elves of course."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"At first the sight struck me with some skepticism. Being from a PvP realm, we don't generally see naked characters bent in front of each other in the middle of nowhere. None the less, the situation quickly revealed itself."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"I couldn't help but chuckle a moment and retreat back to the shadows from which I came. Had they seen me approach? From the looks of it...... no. So I watched intently."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Intrigued by this fantastic "roleplaying" experience, I felt it was my duty to perpetuate the general merriment of all. So I gathered my composure and began to engage in my own "roleplaying" theatrics."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Oh crap. Somehow they caught me. I was roleplaying hidden in the shadows... how the hell did they find me? So I did what any self respecting pervert would do. HIDE!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Unsuccessful with my attempt to roleplay, I figured what the hell. I might as well just start a dwarven sandwich while the getting is good. So I charge in gropes a blazing."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Not a moment later, Inotep and Artemisa left me with a stinging remark that will be forever remembered."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Feeling a bit perverted, I felt I would do the right thing and offer an apology."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"With my apology shot down, the feeling of urgency began to overwhelm me. Wait a minute, what a bunch of hypocritical bullshit. I was "roleplaying" hidden damn it. I moved to rebuttal."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"This concludes my wonderful adventure on a roleplaying realm. I apologize for the vulgarity that some of this post contains. I don't believe that the essence of a "roleplaying" experience would have been captured as well given censorship was taken. All in all, I suppose only one thing can be said about roleplaying realms…"
-Tactic "The Dirty Dwarf" Gedran
**********

Ofcourse I copied/pasted this from somewhere, but hell it even made me laugh again, so I feel a cheap fill of my blog is in order :D

-- Zhero

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, vinnie showed me this sometime, long time ago... kinda weird :)

12:41  
Blogger Zhero said...

THIS, my friend, is roleplay. So beware before you roll there :D

13:15  
Blogger Muda said...

Cheap fillings =/

Seen it before, still funny.

*Muda tries to disguise himself as a tree and makes crow noises.*

15:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still golden alltho aye pretty damn old. Goes in the same cat. as leeroy xD.

jur

07:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home