Monday, November 13, 2006

Random weekend shit

So, where to start? I have been gaming all weekend and this morning looked through the pics I assembled. There was some nice stuff in it, so here we go.

Mount Hyjal
Let’s start with our trip to Mount Hyjal. This is a spot which is not open at the moment (rumours are you can get banned for being there) but you can get there with a lot of patience and practise. Late saturdaynight Nimra, Ghostt, Artanias and myself were killing some demons in the south of Winterspring for the doomguard-warlockquest. Nimra told us you could get to mount Hyjal from there and looked for the spot with help of a youtube video. Nevermore came as well and we started.

The fun part is you get ‘stuck’ all the time by invisible walls where you have to search for the part you can sneak through (or blink through as mages seem to be able to do that). This ended in me and Artanias (both mages) being in Hyjal after 45 mins or so and Nimra being stuck on the last wall. He threw away his heartstone, used the unstuck button, but that didn’t work. Damn. Then he made a summoningportal, which was in reach for us to click and summoned himself 1 centimeter further away. This worked! Hooray!

The rest of the guild who were online (10 people or so) were summoned quickly and we took a Ravens sight-seeing-tour through Mount Hyjal. In the middle of Mount Hyjal is the World Tree. Check the pics for the tree and some funny Blizzard stuff. Beneath the tree is a small lake where we all took a dive. It is so far down that I as an undead (3 minutes under water) could not even reach the bottom without underwater breathing buff. Deep down we gathered and summoned Puffie (yes Puffie!) and Nimra let him die (well, did he?) . O_O the joy we have with the troubles of others :D Here some pics from the World Tree and the message Blizz has left there.

http://i15.tinypic.com/2mn22ps.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/2rfzyno.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/2r4o28k.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/4biq1p5.jpg

Water plx
Now If this question is asked beforehand, I might consider it, but it went different. I was mailing a lot of stuff to my bank-alt with the CT-mail mod. When I am almost done, a trade window opened. WTF, that f*cked up my mail! Grrrrr, now I have to do it again. I press escape to make the window disappear and in my head I realize this is why the ‘ignore trade’-option is in the Blizzard-interface. It is there to help mages. Do you guys even realize what it is to be in Orgrimmar? If you haven’t played a lock or a mage, you really have no idea. I play both AND I am a patient man who always hands out water if asked in a normal matter. Roleplayers get extra water btw! But maybe there is hope for this one. He ofcourse whispers me when I cancel the trade:





Haha, this will teach him! Some explanation from me is in order:




Now a minute later I get this one. See, he already learned. He patiently waited (or was denied water by another mage) and now asks before opening a trade. Unsure if he will f*ck up again, he asks if he can open the trade.







And we end the discussion is normal fashion. Another 12-year old educated. Mages, thank me later for fighting this Don Quichotte battle for us.




Dead in Orgrimmar
This was just too strange. In all cities if you get fall-damage you will loose a percentage of your life, so nobody ever can die from falling. Now some programmer decided to let people die once in a while or a GM was having a bad day. But after a raid I jump down and die. Ok, I was not full health, but that should not matter (at least that is what I thought up till now. Plz someone explain to me how it works!)

http://i15.tinypic.com/43cbqyf.jpg

Random quotes and pic of the week
I found some quotes worth mentioning in the guildchat again. Now I am not sure about Hood’s preferences, but you be the judge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And the quote of the week is where Artanias gives Pedro the hard thruth (well done, Art! Let the thruth be told)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ah and then this pic from last week. I thought it had some artistic value. It’s from our trip to Ironforge. Well, let me tell the story. We were in Stranglethorn for the chest with 6-7 Ravens and had to duel Lovedeath and friends (ex-guildies) as well as a same sized Alliancegroup. Well, most alliance are PvE-oriented frostboltspammers, so no real challenge there. They outgeared us, but we outskilled them and took the chest while killing Lovedeath in the proces. We continued our trip and cleaned Stranglethorn from alliance, rode further to Duskwood and into Stormwind. We took the tram to Ironforge where we had fun for an hour or so doing “Let’s see who lives the longest while we all mount up and run through Ironforge” and “How fun is it to kill duelling Alliance”. Yeah yeah, we’re lame, but we seek fun in this game, so live with it! The pic is where we all try to decrypt the times the tram will arrive and leave. It’s pic of the week here at zhero-tolerance :D

http://i15.tinypic.com/2q89b1l.jpg


-- Zhero

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damage from falls is based on height that you fall.

at a certain height you will take 100%+ damage. The Teleport trinket for example drops you from so high you die.

The % damage you take is based on some average of your maximum and current helth so it is possible to die from falling in town if its a really big drop and you are quite wounded.

09:43  
Blogger Zhero said...

Tnx for the explanation.

09:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home