Monday, October 23, 2006

PUG vs. Freddy vs. Jason. PUG wins!

[4. LookingForGroup]: randomhunter: LF1M dps Dire Maul. Can summon.
You whisper to randomhunter: Inv me

Did you see that? Now why the f*ck do I react on that? I don’t know is my answer. I really don’t know. There are just moments in life where you wish you had done it differently. This was one of them. Brainfart-de-luxe. Inconvenient error in reality-checking procedure. Well, shit happens, so let's get it on!

They were all standing in Orgrimmar and not saying much in partychat so I continued grinding AD-rep (halfway to exalted) and after 5 minutes or so the fifth member joins. So now we have a lock, priest, tank, hunter and mage. Ideal setup it seems. I ask which DM we do and the answer is North. I ask if they will do tribute and the answer is yes. So I port to Thunder Bluff which was raided by an Alliance raid at that time, so it took me 3 corpseruns to get to the flightmaster (who luckily was still alive). I start flying and ask them if they have the mats.

Randomhunter: “For what”?
Sonia: “For doing a tribute”
Randomhunter: “We need mats for that?”
Sonia: “Any of you ever did a tribute run?”


At this point the hunter starts whispering me and telling me the priest is T1 and the warlock and himself half t1, so we will be alright. I tell him he will need materials for a tribute. I land in Feralas, port back to Orgrimmar and buy the frostoil, rugged leather, rune thread and thorium widget all the time whispertalking to the hunter who seems ok. He ends with asking me if I can lead them through. Sure no problem, I did tribute a bazillion times, so we will be fine I guess.

Now appearantly the lock and priest are uae-people (which I really don’t care about, but now it did raise some questions as they have a reputation). The tank was alright, the hunter was good enough (though no trapping from him, but that’s fine with me), but the lock and the priest sucked bigtime. Priest was aoe-healing all the time, leaving him with little mana after simple pulls. The warlock didn’t use curse of elements or shadow for that matter once, even not when I explained that it would greatly help. He seemed destruction specced, was using searing pain(?) all the time and started soul draining at 70% with a lot of mobs. No pet-usage (charm is very good in dire maul). It just seemed as 2 players who bought their account and were discovering the things it had to offer. I never actually saw players that skilless. Their gear made up for their lack of any skill however.

As always with PUGS, chests are ninja-ed. I explained the trap-encounter, but the warrior just came in range to attack him. Luckily he went into the trap before that. And yes, I explained several times why we should not kill bosses. They managed to kill the drunk dude (not sure though if that one counts as well), the first one (we needed that for the key). The third boss they managed to engage as well. “Again green loot ffs!”. “And 1 blue less” I added, but it didn’t seem to land anywhere. After we went up the stairs towards the ogre tanin. “guys, let me have it, I just used mine to make a suit” I said. In the middle of the pull, the lock saw his chance and ninja-ed the tanin (does not really matter, but how annoying to do it in the middle of a pull as if we would not notice then), so an extra mob as well. Also no problem, but I said 3 times to wait.

At this point I really did not want to play anymore and I did what I never did before. I heartstoned and wished them luck.

They want me to lead them through, but don’t trust me. I take the key (for the 2nd door) and they yell that we should roll. “Wait here, I will get it” results in them following me and pulling a group, which the priests aoe-fears, so 2 more groups add. It was all very depressing.
I whisper the hunter (he was ok) and apologize. He wants me to come back, but I just log and go to bed. PUG no more. I normally get them to listen and then we go smoothly through all pulls, but this was too much for me. I probably was tired as well.

Did I mention holy nova-ing right on my sheeps?
Did I mention corruption on sheeps?
Did I mention the warrior not attacking a sheep, cause he wants a ‘renew plz’ at 70%?
Did I mention the minute I got summoned back a trade window opens and i read (yes caps) ‘WATER”?
Did I mention I payed all the stuff (like 10g because some were only available in stack) and nobody offered to share the costs (just seems normal to me)?
Did I mention “FFS sheep that caster” while I am banished?
Did I mention walking in EVERY (yes each and every one of them) poisonous plants?
Did I mention the hunter taking the tailorrecipy from the chest (BOP) while the priest was tailor (and I for that matter)? At least he apologized.

Maybe I just set my bar too high. Or I expect that people play as I want them to. Well, it’s not that, but wearing t1 and never even seen the inside of dire maul? It does raise questions indeed.

PUG vs. Freddy vs. Jason?

PUG pwns them all!!

Bigtime!

-- Zhero

3 Comments:

Blogger Music said...

You should do more PUGS man, that way you learn to recognize the bad ones :) I usually do pugs when there's people from more or less active guilds in it, like hell, most wanted, power overwhelming, aftermath etc... those are usually ok

16:28  
Blogger Zhero said...

booze is your friend in situations like this :D

16:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the reason i refuse to go with PuG. not doing PuG save me lots of frustations

13:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home