Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Soni, past 3 days

So no updates in the weekend. I did continue levelling though and am lvl 35 at the moment. I trained my FA to 300 (and use it a lot, saving mana for seals and judgements), am 225/225 alchemy and 200+ herbalism. I find it important to keep the professions levelled else you will have to do it later and for the gathering professions that is a pain in the butt.

Some stuff about paladins.
- They do not 2-shot mobs (yes at lower levels they do), but it gets worse. Maybe it gets better with crusaderstrike. I keep buying blue weapons to keep my damage top and it is needed to be able to have some kind of grinding speed
- You hardly die (to mobs or adds). It's no problem to take on 3-4 mobs of the same level with all the tricks you have.
- The manasteal racial and the aoesilence racial from bloodelf are nice. The mana gained is not that big. The silence however rox ofcourse, interrupting all kinds of spells while gaining some mana back. I use it all the time to get used to it.
- Bubble is nice! It gets you out of tricky situation, it let's you jump down cliffs or walk through a camp of mobs for the shortest way. I love it.
- Waylanderm and Zeppox ran me through all of Scarlet Monastery and I run around with the 1h sword and shield from the quests (not the drops, they are too high level). I have a significant dps-improve (with 1h!!!) while wearing a shield. I now can grind forever which is a big plus in STV. (Tnx Marv & Renske!).
- I took the 8% speedincrease talents. They rock. Walking is boring, this helps. 5 more levels to mount... (did I mention that walking is boring)
- I still like the class. Though I am full retribution specced (well solo-ing 95% of the time, so it is needed), I see a lot of nice options in the other trees which I will certainly try once I group more.
- A lot of armor is handy! I am used to cloth classes (mage, lock), so this is very nice for a change. Ofcourse it did not help to the draenei lvl 40 shammy who chainlightning crit me for 600 while i was busy with 2 raptors...)
- I am anxious to see the new content as well, but when I walk into Outlands with Zhero I think I will continue playing.
- I will level this paladin to 60 first. Then continue with the pala to 70 while levelling Zhero on rested exp. That is the plan.
- I'll try to make some pics tonight. (Soni looks awesome).

edit: here a screeny from when I happened to be spectator at saddam's hanging:

Soni at Saddam's hanging

-- Zhero

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think youre gonna like holy shock as a group pvp talent, it can do very nice dmg with the right gear and the build itself is pretty good for pvp!

hurry up if you can mate dying to play with ya again :D

23:11  
Blogger Daymare said...

Poor Saddam...hang in there!

10:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my (limited) experience in playing paladin and warrior, I'd say the dps on your main weapon is even more important for a paladin then a warrior

15:11  
Blogger Zhero said...

That is a /signed, Milker. I am spending shitloads of gold on blue weapons.

Can't wait myself, Art :D

20:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home