Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boomkinning

After spending 40k on the epic version of Medaillon of the Horde i was done with my feral set. Not done in a way that I did not like it anymore, but done in the sense that I had no idea how to optimize it more. The only way would be arena, but since I am not playing arena that much anymore atm, i decided not to try and push it.

Instead I went for a new challenge (gotta keep ourself challenged one way or the other) and specced full moonkin (not restokin). No other gear than my healing gear, but after doing a few BG’s I get the idea that crit is what makes the boomkin dangerous. Ofcourse there is no crit on the healparts, so I am slowly changing my gear and it already feels very good.

Boomkins can hurt you. Like any caster that you leave alone, he/she is dangerous. In BG’s it is about positioning now (went 22-1, 20-2 and 9-0 (5-0 game) in a row yesterday with most damage done in all games). I can’t do damage if they hit me, so choose your position and nuke. Lovely! I still need a lot of practise in 1v1 i noticed, but that will be something to work on.

I bought wyrmhide gloves yesterday and regemmed all my healing gear. It only adds up to a lousy 18% crit (when you are used to almost 50% crit in feral that feels kinda low), but I am not sure how high you can get it. I’ll keep you posted :D (arenapoints will be lost, so better spend them, honor will stay, but since we don’t know what marks we need etc. I would not aim at 4x100 marks and 75k honor too hard).

It sure feels good to starfire for 4200k and do 2 wraths for 2300 and a 1200 moonfire ender in a few seconds. (lucky streak on a mage yesterday)!

Brewfest
As with most people I hardly win anything special in these events (like a mount), but now the first time there the kodo dropped and I won. Lovely!

I have no screenshot with me but here is a link to the kodo ingame. Looks really awesome.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37828#screenshots:id=97763

I picked up all the trinkets as well (feral/heal/moonkin) as well as the roleplay 45 stamina thing where you have to wave to the female brewmaster. Nice stuff those free epix.

Since I will continue with this druid, I will level the cooking. I noticed I did not even train it. Levelling professions is more difficult from 200-300 than from 300-375 (and that will probably be the case as well when we go to 80). To make it a bit easier it is a nice target to set for the 8 weeks we will still have to wait for WotLK to get that to 375. After all who knows what WotLK will bring in terms of food that enhances abilities. Better to be max level then.

Grinded some in Skettis as well. I can summon Terokk 3 times now. Nimp and I thought it would be fun to kite him to Shattrah. We did not try it yet, but i’ll be sure to fraps it might we do it.

Stay tuned.

Not happy with your char? Try a different spec. This shaman did.


-- Zhero (thinks they should make a female version of the moonkin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home