Monday, October 30, 2006

Huntard

So there we are. In Wetlands, killing that last dragon in the Onyxia questline for 2 guildies. Me (druid) was tanking, mage, lock, rogue, priest were in it to do it for the rogue and the priest. It was late, took (as always with that line) too long and while we were standing there ready for the wetlands-dragon (forgot the name) a Horde hunter (with fitting gnome-costume) is there as well. Maybe he needs to kill it too.

Huntard yells: Invite me!
/invite huntard
huntard is already in group
To [Huntard]: your still in group
[Huntard] whispers: inv again
/invite huntard
huntard joins the raidgroup
[Party] Huntard: what are we doing here?

Now what the f*ck would we be doing here? I always wonder with those lvl 60’s these days. What did they do to get 60? When you’re in Dire Maul, whether it be east, west or north: they have no clue. They were never there, don’t know the pulls or the events. BRD: same, LBRS: same, UBRS: same. Strat and Scholo: please don’t get me started! In the early days we used to run those instances multiple times to get some nice blue gear. Nowadays they just grind to 60 with greens and apply to guilds to get their epix fast it seems. Why would some Hordes be in Wetlands watching a dragon in Alliance territory and ready to attack him?

While we start engaging I see a
[Party] Huntard: brb
We kill the dragon and while the people get their questitem I see
[Party] Huntard: back
[Party] Huntard: What did he drop?
I link my aurastone hammer and tell him I am very happy cause I was looking for it for a long time. It even came with the 55 healingspells enchant which was exactly the right one I told him. He was happy for me. Awwwwww, how cute….

[Huntard] whispers: what quest?
To [Huntard]: ?
[Huntard] whispers: what quest is this. Can you share it?
To [Huntard]: It’s for the epic rogue quest
[Huntard] whispers: what’s the reward
To [Huntard]: some big phat 2-hander
[Huntard] whispers: can I do that quest too
To [Huntard]: are you a rogue?


I continue by telling him that the rogue now has to run from Orgrimmar to Cenarion Hold in 12 minutes as the next step, but that he can use swiftness potions. He then asks if hunters have an epic quest as well. As I explain him that they have, he says “ok bya” and logs off.

Another newbie educated. Really, I am too good for this world. You do wonder though if they even understand why they are called huntards!


-- Zhero

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True story, i was there

00:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home