Monday, June 25, 2007

First week in season II

2v2 (brutal bunnies)
So, the first week is almost done and we got the first games under our belt and with good succes I would say. But let me first give you the result of Nimra and Szwok who arena-ed themselves to the 2nd place on Skullcrusher with a 1782 rating (first had 1785) and a top 20 in the battlegroup. Now ofcourse it is way too early in the season to make anything out of it, but still with their 20-2 record they made a very nice start! Keep up the good work! Szwok even told me he has people whispering him and asking if they could join their team.

3v3 (cruel bunnies)
Szwok, Nimra and myself started the 3v3 as well and booked a 12-6 score on Thursday which put us on 1600 rating and added a 8-1 score yesterday which put us a little over 1700. We faced some hard teams but had good tactics. I had a real good feeling about those matches. I played well, but still feel I (and we) can do more (for example better coordination from my side about using blind. Blind/sheep on the same target still happens). We took 22 points from a warrior/priest/mage team which heavily outgeared us by just playing better and that felt good. Our gear can still get a lot better with all the new stuff out, but we’re closing that gap. I am real anxious to see where we can end.

5v5 (big bad bunnies)
A struggling start with 9-8. We got owned a couple of times and won easily other times. There’s a little discussion going on as we would like a 4 dps setup. 3 dps + 2 healers is ofcourse good as well, but that requires a whole different approach (a more controlled one), while we feel we have the upperhand in rushdown strategies. If Krexxor is willing to go elemental, it might be interesting to see how it will work out. He, on the other hand, feels we will be off worse and does not want to respec. So we will continue here with the warrior (karma), rogue, lock, shammie, paladin (3dps, 2 heal) AND the mage, rogue, lock, mage, paladin setup (4dps, 1 heal). Hopefully we can up that rating a bit in the coming weeks.

Yesterday there were more people busy in arena. It’s good to see a lot of people wanna try and go there. I believe 2 more 5v5 ravensteams met in arena as well. Must have been a tense match :D It would be nice if we got some Ravens-exposure from the pvp-side as well.


Zhero
I dunno why exactly, but saturdaymorning I decided to log in Zhero. This lvl 62.9 warlock had been standing in Thrallmar for a long time and I remember I did most quests in Hellfire, but lost interest along the way. You know the feeling: you log in an alt, walk outside, walk back and log out again. Happens to me with most alts.
Now I logged him in and did some quests. And here comes the ‘bad’ part: I enjoyed it. I found all the buttons without looking and the fluent moves were still there. It was as if he was never away. So to make a long story short: Nimra asked me if I needed help and we ended up playing a lot together and I did a lot of quests in Nagrind which saw Zhero on lvl 65 on sundayevening, while ganking every single alliance we saw (kinda easy with a lvl 70 lock walking behind you :D).

And I liked it… (a lot)

I decided to join a PUG for underbog as well (they asked me) and here is where the fun starts. I saw some familiar guildnames so assumed they were alts and knew how to play this game. The mage and paladin were good players, the warrior was constantly 10 seconds behind the group with his actions (“I thought I first kill that healer before getting on to the other mobs”…I forgot to screen this one, but yes he actually said that), but the enhancementshaman was the best.

While I am walking away from the group to pick a herb (I was the only herbalist), I see this:

I lol-led behind my pc and walked towards him.

Hahaha, I love pugs.
Then he asked the paladin for a buff and a seal.

I hardly saw totems and had to ask several times for poison cleansing totem with mobs which shoot manadrain arrows. And let’s not forget the “Does anyone have damagemeters?”. Well, I think you recognize the type :D
Ah…it could have been worse. Experience = experience.

Let’s just end the day with some true Ravens-leadership I was able to witness in Arathi Basin. It is impossible not to like this guy.


-- Zhero (yes, Zhero will be back…and faster than you think).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think some people will have looked real awkward when they said that :P

Nice going leveling the Warlock. I've been considering to pick mine up as well, I'm just too busy at the moment. It'll all be over soon :)

15:54  
Blogger Daymare said...

Was gonna whisper you when i saw you on your lock, if you´ve gotten tired of your rogue...
But i guess not, you just found the flow with the buttons when logging the lock? :)
Thats cool...

So you think I would become a good leader?
Im honored :D

08:25  
Blogger Zhero said...

I am certainly not tired of my rogue, but after several attempts where i found no fun in levelling the lock, i now did. It felt good, so there we go.

09:33  
Blogger Hives said...

You got it right Zhero.
Meatspinners United met Peanut Power twice in a row.
It was awesome and total fun.
Peanut Power won the first match but then the Meatspinners had their tictacs down (send Senbonzakura after Hedrich) and the Meatspinners won the second match.
I hope we start meeting more Raven teams, cause that was one of the best laughs I have had in 5v5 :)

09:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a shame Big Bad Bunnies dont have the 1300 rating required to meet other raven teams, muhauhaha. Anyway met Senbon + Zekro in 2v2. Was uber fun yeah and tense. Nimp went down when zekro hit the ground, then it was me vs senbon. Nimp ate away all his CDs so was ez finishing the job. GG guys cu next season <3.

lock going uberly fast, so wont be long and Zhero can be arena cannpn fodder aswell :).

cu's soon
/szwok out

13:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home