Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas is early this year!

I had to work for and pay them myself, but it felt like christmas.

As a little kid I was counting the hours at work before I could go home and get my presents. I logged into wow and stared at a queue. Wow, that was long ago. Ah..it is Al’Akir server where my RL friend Sorciah migrated to (to play in a casual PvP guild with his brother and friends) and I have a hunter which I use to talk to him. I switch to good old Skullcrusher, queueless ofcourse and first spend my honor points. I had approx. 40k honor assembled (I am not THAT hardcore), so bought the new bracers and belt. (I forgot how expensive that bracer-enchant was. Auch!)
Then I flew to Area52 where I noticed lots of bodies laying around. Always good to see PvP is going on. I bought the S3 head and S3 wand there. Both were upgrades from the last 2 blue items I had (apart from the pvp-trinket), so extra resilience was coming in. I gemmed the head with the 18stam/5 stunresist gem. (now that mystical gem has a hidden 45 second cooldown). Not sure if it is the right call, but being the tank in my 2v2, makes the 18stam/5stun a better choice imo.

I am now at 456 resilience with 12.6k life. Last resilienceupgrade will come from my pants, where I still use battlecastpants. Then I will be close to the 492-max and beginning to be the powerhouse that I am in my dreams! Next upgrade will be the new ring to replace seal of the exorcist! (finally getting rid of that thing). I am still debating if the 1750 life trinket will be better than talisman of the horde. 34 resilience is a lot, but so is 1750 life (and passive damage), but no need to make that decision now since I don’t have the points anyway.

S3 for locks has a nice blue look. (pic stolen from wowhead)

Some lockhaters already came up with this pic with ‘stiking resemblance’ for warlock T6-looks

Whatever…

:D

Maix was still too low in points (1150 arenapoints) to get anything usefull. I have epic craftable gloves and will upgrade them later. It’s not like the 0.1 second on cyclone will not get me 2-shotted, so better save those points for head/pants/chest/shoulders. Shoulders will come later when (and if) we break 1850.

So we have work to do. All ratings at 1500. Let’s see if I can get some action tonight.

PS: And I will respec to a 1 point different spec this evening as well. Last time somehow I managed not to put a point in shadowembrace and left it like that (when I discovered) because I am a cheap bastard who doesn’t want to spend 50g on a respec for 1 point. In the mean time we might have lost some matches against dispell-classes because they don’t have that extra debuff to dispell. It’s S3 now, time to do it right!

PS2: Did I mention Nimra is back? o_O.

-- Zhero (feeling reborn with S3 and ready to rumble!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Artanias said...

Dude honestly, the looks of s3 lock gear is a complete joke, first time ever i feel sorry for you guys :P

12:12  
Blogger Zhero said...

Well, tbh I like it. I liked S2 a lot, but can't really complain about this one. The wings are awesome!

16:38  
Blogger Artanias said...

Dude.... i got one thing to say to you, GEMLINS LOL!!

10:39  
Blogger Nimp said...

its spelled: gremlins, so much failure

15:40  
Blogger Daymare said...

Locks season3 head is cool...
Rogues on the other hand, omg...didn´t think i cared so much about looks until I saw Drunkmare wearing that shit.

For the first time im gonna start using that "hide head" in the interface...

11:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home