Wednesday, November 21, 2007

10 minute queue weirdness

Last night me (Zhero) and Krexxor (resto shaman) still needed to play 4 games to get our weekly 10 games together. With an average waiting time of 10 minutes (hello!! playing on tuesday-evening...zomg) it took us a small hour to get them done. But boy oh boy, what a strange games that were.

Now we are not that high (it is an old team that Krexxor still had), so we started on 1650 or so and went 5-1 so far this week (losing to warrior/paladin, that is kinda nasty though it was a close one). So the first 6 rounds were interesting, fun and (some) tense games. But then comes...

...Round 7:
After 10 minutes there is our 1st match of the evening. Shaman+priest. Seems enhancement-shammy with a priest. The enhancement shammy runs towards Krexxor who kites him round a pillar with both of them frostshocking eachother. I put 3 dots on him and concentrate on the priest and try to fear/manadrain him. When I look again, I see that shaman on 10% or so (from my dots and some shocks). I quickly deathcoil him, start drainlife and spell lock the priest. An extra shock from Krex does the job. WTF: he did not heal, nor did he walked towards his priest, nor was a single dot dispelled. Whatever, easiest match ever. 3 dots+shocks = dead enhancement shammy. Lol.

Round 8:
Shaman+lock. Mirror match: it takes a while, but since I do twice the damage of the other lock (I totally have no idea what he was doing) and drain more mana from his shaman, we take this one in the end. Nothing strange here.

Round 9:
Shaman+mage. Wassup with all the shammies? A resto shaman with a firemage?!?! Strange combo, but ok. The mage comes out (as am I) and starts a fireball?! I pack 140 resist with a totem from Krexx, but decide to spell-lock it anyway. At first I tried to kill the mage with dots while controlling the other shaman, but that took too long. The firemage was switching between me and Krexxor and I decide to manadrain him which gave us a wanding mage after some drains and a restoshaman still trying to kill us (me on full life, Krex on 80% mana. Lol?). It was too funny, so we mess around some more and finish them off while telling eachother that THIS had to be the easiest match ever (with never a dangerous moment). That would have been the easiest match of the evening if it wasn’t for …

…Round 10:
Shaman+mage. Elementalshaman + firemage can pack some serious burst I can imagine, but Krexx is our pillar-line-of-sight-abuser-champ so while I was standing still and putting on dots, Krexx was running around the pillar with both of them chasing him, but unable to cast anything. A silly sight if you just looked at it (as I did, I was standing still after all, but they ignored me). They both died from the dots I applied without a single heal/sheep/cs/purge/decurse. I think the shaman managed to cast 1 NS/chainlightning on me right before died. He probably had the idea that he had to do ‘some’ damage, else it would look real foolish. To add insult to injury, I resisted it. Strangest match ever. Really. I wonder how they reached 1750.

I just wanted to put it down here, cause it were strange games. All opponents looked really bad, while the first 6 games which we did earlier that week (so lower opponents), were hard fights here and there. Maybe it’s because it’s tuesdaynight and people still need to play the games and invite randoms to complete their matches? I don’t know, but at least it made us laugh.

9-1 for the week and funny matches, what more do you want from arena on tuesdayevening!

-- Zhero (looking forward to serious drinking. It’s been 2 weeks…)

2 Comments:

Blogger Daymare said...

Hehe, nice games...
I was (as you thought) also one of those guys trying to invite randoms just to get points on my shammy.
Now I finally got response from Darkheero, im sure he havent pvped THAT much yet seeing him sheeping nothing, no freezing the rogue on my ass etc...but he was nice enough to join the games wich is what matters.

When the gates opens in our second fight I see nonetheless but Matse, and his Shadow priest friend.
Immediately I feel the sweat pouring down on me, Im thinking - Im gonna get owned by fucking Matse! (seeing he´s ebayed a well geared warlock)...

With 1 minute of constant 1-last-second-heals-before-I-die Darkheero manage to take down the priest...Matse alone was a piece of cake, woho!

Anyway, my point was, yea you do meet strange people in Arenas on tuesday nights :)

19:00  
Blogger Artanias said...

I want to beat up matse in arena :(

23:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home