Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Patch 2.3 and season III

Patch 2.3
Everybody is aware that patch 2.3 is installed atm and I bet everyone knows now what the patchnotes are as you will probably have looked them up for your class(es). Here a line that caught my interest:

“The latest patch of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade shows a benefit on today's popular multicore processors like the Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Duo processor family. The enhanced patch has demonstrated higher frame rates by spreading the work across both processor cores”.

Now this is interesting as I am about to receive a new PC (my works give you a new one every 3 years for personal use) and was already worried about the dual core shit. Most games only use 1, so in my case that would mean no upgrade in terms of gaming. I was in doubt already what to do, but this gets my hope up and I will jump on the dual core bandwagon as well now.

Another interesting thing:
“Client spell cast requests are now sent to the server even if your player is already casting another spell. This eliminates the need for /stopcasting in macros to compensate for latency.”

Then as I am an alchemist, there’s this thingy:

“Added a new potion to alchemy trainers: Mad Alchemist's Potion. This new potion requires Alchemy to consume”

The cost are very low, using the herb nobody uses

So basicly a superrejuvepotion for nowhere like the costs. Hooray for me for discovering that one 2 nights ago…
But here is the good part. Alchemists get a nice buff on top of it. It will be a random elixir effect and you will only gain it when such an effect(guardian etc.) is not in effect yet. Nice for in BG’s where I will swallow these like there’s no tomorrow. Here a pic as prove (stolen from somewhere around the net)


Season III (not this week, but next week so save for 1 week more)
Zhero
- has 25k honor
- has 2300 arenapoints
- will purchase the S3-head (next week) and slowly upgrade the honor items
- is sexy as hell
- just got himself epic flying mount, so is broke (very good thinking, doing that right before SII ends, so I have no gold for enchants and stuff. It’s incredible how stupid I am sometimes while being so brilliant. Must be to preserve balance in my head or something like that)
- Herbs actively now as herbing with a slow mount was like having sex with Lindsay Lohan. It sounds good, but never actually happens.
- Will (I hope) to continue to play with Krexxor and Daymare/Zekro in 3v3. Not that we score that high (yet), I just like playing with them.

Maix
- has 10.5k honor
- has 0 arenapoints
- will purchase the S3-bracers (next week) and even more slowly upgrade (though I might go pve for a bit with this one).
- Needs an arenateam as sexy healbovine (2v2 or 3v3. I decided I don’t like 5v5), but has questgear, 1 or 2 blues and 1 epic.

Another small thing
“Removed the casting time from the Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration, Drums of Speed, and Drums of War.”
Aren’t these things good for raiding? (just a question from a pve-noob)

So that’s about it, let’s download, refresh those addons and check out all new things.

-- Zhero (ready for SIII and hoping to break 1800 somewhere).

3 Comments:

Blogger Daymare said...

Dude, when I first logged in today i was cursed with constant disconnects...i disabled all addons cuz i wanted to respec zekro to try my new build out...

Went into AB, the first thing I did was to kill a warrior without even using prep (and i saw he had arena gear)...I have no idea how that happend...
If it wernt just pure luck, I have a good feeling about this hemo/AR/prep/mace build :)

/cheers

15:17  
Blogger Zhero said...

Rogues will be my best friends in S3 i hope :D

15:52  
Blogger Artanias said...

Lol day.
But yep, rogues are pretty strong now in 2.3 :)

08:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home