Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Maix's first arenapoints!

Yesterday, I witnessed something great. Something I really enjoyed. I saw 2 players in arena coherent like Tango&Cash. Always bashing eachother, but showing great finesse (ok, that’s not Tango&Cash like) in killing the opponents.

I am talking about Artanias and Nakedsnake.

Now before you start laughing, let me bring you the story.

Yesterdayevening I logged on to Maix to do the daily pvp-quest. That single BG (or 4 EOTS as I had to do) nets a nice amount of extra honor so I try to do it every day. When I finished that, I logged Zhero to do some more EOTS and Artanias starts whispering me as he is doing so often when he is doing arena. He whines some about overpowered locks, I tease him and then he tells me about the teams they beat. This can go on for like half an hour or so. “WTF man, we had a mirror, but it was against 2 humans, so they caught Nakedsnake with perception before he could spot their rogue. Man, racials fuck us over”. This is the standard conversation, but I like it. As I am always cheering inside when our raids get a boss down (though I am not raiding myself), I like it as much when we have high PvP-teams, though I am not in it. So I enjoy it when Artanias and Nakedsnake (current rating: 2130!!) do arena and do well.

I teasingly asked Art if they need a druid for a nice 3v3 and much to my surprise he said they were done with 2v2 anyway and wanted to try it out. I tell them about my green gear, but that’s fine and Naked has a team (inactive I guess?), so I get an invite on Maix. My 7.2K selfbuffed health and 18 resilience are pale compared to those 400+ resilience guys, but hey let’s see. I now notice the team has 20-3 score and a 1750 rating already. Somehow I would have liked to start lower. First time arena on this druid, so anxious to try it out. And here is where I come back to my early statement. These dudes rock! It’s amazing how well they play together and while I throw random heals, cyclones, roots and try to escape from a bazillion dots, these guys launch coordinated attacks with sheeps and blinds at all the right times. You can see they have played a lot of games together. They down locks, priests, shamans, druids and even warriors within a couple of seconds with well timed kicks and counterspells and a random cyclone tossed in from me on the other team’s healing. We play 11 games, go 8-3 (losing to a double hunterteam. o_O) and reach 1835. We win against druidteams with much better geared dudes, but these guys make up for it. I loved playing with them. No (real) whines, no blaming after some mistakes, the way it should be in my opinion. Just healthy, nice arena. I had a blast and get my first points on Maix. Now I know these guys really are looking for a 400 resilience priest, but since they can’t find one up till now, I hope I can enjoy the points some more weeks.

Did I mention the double hunterteam? Now imagine that those 2 hunters and 2 bigass pets are standing on top of the tomb ready to kill anything in sight and Art runs in the arena while me and Naked are stealthed.
Art: sap that rogue, naked!’ while running within range and getting downed pretty fast.
Me: Uhhh…sap that rogue’?
Naked: ‘wassup art’?
Art: ‘Ah sorry guys, my mistake, I thought it were 2 rogues…”

Art, don’t do drugs and arena at the same time man.

-- Zhero (pvp-ing feels good. I like 2.3)

4 Comments:

Blogger Artanias said...

tsk thought it was rogue/hunter, but anyway stupid silly match imo :P

Thanks for the praise hehe ^^

16:35  
Blogger Daymare said...

Don´t know what it is man, but you got the gift of "writing"...that´s for sure...

Even tho Art is a whiner, he is one of the few good whiners, one of those ya dont have to take seriously, they just add some extra fun in the game :)

/cheers on maix first points

16:36  
Blogger Muda said...

Maybe I will back to PvP, you tempted me :p Was supposed to take a kinda break from PvP, as I got so fucking tired of BG's. Or I'll just skip BG's.

And it was nice to see you having a more positive view than Art, but then again, you whine alot about work....
I read your post before Art's, just so you know.

23:12  
Blogger Zhero said...

BG's can be annoying, though the daily pvp-quest makes it a lot more worthwhile imo.

I think it's a lot better when we start doing BG's together. Doesn't need to be a premade, just when I was playing with karma(warrior), dier(paladin) and myself(lock), we were:
1. Having a blast
2. Making a difference in the bg

Better for honor and better for fun if you ask me.

<3 you Muda, you know that, don't you?

11:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home