Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Emotions

Frustration
I am frustrated and while I am normally never really frustrated I can see this is getting on my nerves. I am talking about the latency-issue I (and many people like Ghostt/Sad who share the same ISP) currently have.

My latency is between 350 and 1200 EVERY SINGLE DAY for the last week now. I didn’t look into it last Tuesday when it started, but I started with that after Wednesday and Thursday were the same. The problem is the routing. My ISP delivers their traffic to Cogent Communication. Cogent Communication is a big company which handles transatlantic traffic amongs other things. The problem however is that CogentCo makes the traffic go through amsterdamàlondonàNew YorkàWashington before it gets to Telia. Now this is what is causing the constant lag.

I’ve been pretty active on the wow-forum and with calling and mailing my ISP and also Cogent to make sure pressure is applied. They aknowledged the problem already, but it is still unsure who is responsible for us having another route all of a sudden. Last news from Cogent was that ‘Telia requested this route’ though I find that hard to believe.

All this time me and Sad are kinda levelling together with lagspikes over 5 seconds and heals that take ages. I even did a some instances and only due to the imba healing that Mortui’s vampiric embrace gives, we manage to survive. But when I got ganked, I could not respond in time and that kinda sucks. This situation SUCKS HARD!

Joy
Here a nice story! Last night Hulkster, Ghostt, Mortui, Nimpie and myself decided to do Old Hillsbrad, but Mort and Nimp already got ganked once there by some lvl 70 Alliance and when I finally arrived the 3 of us (Mortui, Nimp and myself) got in combat with 4 lvl 70 alliance. Mortui took one out quickly but went down himself as well as I was too late with my heal. I concentrated on healing Nimpie who took down the hunter, but now had the paladin on him, while the 70 druid was mangling away on me. Well this DPSADIN and ROARR-I-AM-A-DRUID-SO-I-DPS kept hitting and while I could easily outheal the druids dps and the paladin’s dps, Nimpie killed them both. So there were lying 4 dead lvl 70 Alliance. That felt kinda good. 3 lvl 65/66 killing 4 lvl 70. /flex. Ravens for life!

Laughter
Here some common Ravens-thinking towards girlfriends








Milker catching Veritha, The Gadzetstan Slut, again. No further words needed.


Quithus got confronted:



What we really think of Milker




-- Zhero

5 Comments:

Blogger arie said...

latency kills me

17:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I R evul

13:30  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got quoted ^.^
My lifegoal has been achieved!
*does a little victory dance*

Ravens powah! You really did own those guys, good going!

11:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zhero what have you done! you gave kolbe fame... now we will have to live with all the spam :)

09:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oeehhh, you mean more spam, apart from LFG ST? :P

09:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home