Monday, August 27, 2007

Insert Random Title

It’s been 2 weeks. 1 Week due to the Lowlands festival (it is a big festival in Holland, I’ll throw some impressions down here) and 1 week because I am lazy as we all know. And now I forgot my pix from my home comp, so no pix today. But first things first;

Our GM is famous!
The biggest altwhore in the history of this game is our GM. His RL name is Vinnie and I’ve known him IRL for several years now. This guys rolls, rerolls, rererolls and rerererolls every month, because he can’t make up his mind. The result is a lot of chars in semi-decent gear between 60 and 70 that all have been his main for as long as 1 day to several months and yesterday I saw him on his new main: a lvl 12 paladin named Palavin (plz gank him and send me the screenies). Besides that he is now famous in Holland for appearing on a website (and yes, this is the real Vinnie, I am not joking). It’s the site of a big supermarketconcern in Holland and the company he works for had to make the website for it and they might have run out of budget, but then again I think he is the perfect man for the job.

www.superdeboerbingo.nl

It is him…ZOMG

Hahahaha, I love it tbh.

Lowlands 2007
This is a festival in Holland where booze, drugs (we allow 5 grams a person) and music go side by side for 3 days. We arrived there Thursday and in an orgy of beer, bacardi-coke, pills (taking all of them at once is not good), good-looking women and awesome music, we managed to survive till mondaymorning. I don’t know how, but we did. Small recap of the bands I saw:

Friday
The Rakes: Listened to 3-4 songs and they dissapointed me so I left.
Editors: Awesome voice, they lack podium skills however. Let’s hope that will grow, because this band rocks. English emo-rock.
Kasabian: can’t remember much, except that we were drinking.
The Killers: wanted to see it, but due to being drunk, I missed it I believe.

Saturday:
Games in Concert: Did not see it, but people told me it was an orchestra playing videogamesmusic. I just write it down here so you guys remember it.
The Rifles: this is my favourite band atm. I like their music a lot and so I liked their performance. More podiumskills needed though.
Moke: These guys are from Amsterdam and are the new thing. Gogo download and surprise yourself.
Saybia: My friends wanted to see this one. I thought it was ‘ok’.
Jimmy Eat World: GODDAMN F*CK. I now realize I missed this one now I see the schedule again. I know I planned on seeing them. I should drink less.
Kaiser Chiefs: Not sure if I saw them. Last act of the day was mostly when I was f*cked up the most. I’ll check with my friends if I saw this one and what I thought of it.

Sunday:
Alpha Blondy: Was good enough for an opener. Rastaman!
Lacuna Coil: I told my friends I wanted to see this one, because she looks SO AMAZING that the music does not matter anymore. I ended up missing this.
Nine Inch Nails: I loved it. I do not know their songs that well, but when “The Hand that Feeds” was played, the crowd went berserk.
[intermezzo]
I don’t know how it is with you guys, but I download a lot of warcraftmovies and get amazed more than once by the music which I end up downloading and playing in my car for several weeks in a row until I find some new music I like. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3001054377073600001 is one of my favourite roguemovies of all times (yeah, Grim is super as well, blablabla, just check this one out ok?) and there the “The Hand that Feeds” is so amazingly good with the images you get. I love stuff like this. Just go to 5:36 minutes. The song starts there. Or just watch it all if your job is real boring.
[/intermezzo]
Motorhead: Impressive live performance even though I am not really into their music
Tool: OK, I wrote all this crap down just for this one. It was the closing act and what an act it was. Amazing sounds with amazing images. It had me (and some others I could tell from their bodylanguage) just caught in a spell. It all was right. I was tired, drunk and exhausted from 3 days of drinking and walking but I felt no pain. This was the cure. This performance was better than all others due to the amazing videoshow which added to the great music as they were twins. It was a perfect fit and made a real impression on me.
The Illusionist: After Tool I sat down this outside movie theater and watched this movie. I’d already seen it, but Edward Norton is always worth watching. Or maybe I was just happy I could sit.

Furthermore I remember I lack a lot of spell penetration as all women resisted my seduction.

Arena
Let me give you an update on my gear/rankings etc.
I have all the battleground items now (except for the belt, I use unyielding girdle and Talisman of the Horde http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24551 ). I have 10k, so the talisman will be there somewhere next week. I think the talisman I better for locks than damagetrinkets.
I got merciless gladiator gloves and shoulders and will have the robe this wednesday putting my resilience over 300 and finally getting somewhere.

2v2
I started playing this with Nimra’s fresh lvl 70 priest to get him some weekly points. We played for 2 weeks now scoring 8-2 and 6-4 and a 1600- rating.

3v3
After our amazing start (some articles down) it went down from there. The priest specced holy/disc and we started to lose and lose some more to the point we got fed up with it. We lost to all kinds of setups without really knowing the reason. This will come, it’s on 16xx, but we have not played last week. We should revisit a little here (again). It is strange how it can go.

5v5
After megaproblems with our team and trying to keep it steady, we ended up 3 weeks in a row playing on Tuesday to get the points and inviting whoever we could get to play the 10 damn games. We mostly would start 0-5 and then come back to 5-5 or 4-6 which brought us on 1620 rating or so. We got Sankaman (fresh 70 warrior who got his thunder in 2 days) now and with mage/warrior/lock/paladin/shammy we started playing games in the weekend and made a nice score that put us on 1720 with more potential as I see it. The warrior still got lots to gain as do I.

Maix
Ok, tell me if this is strange. I have a 61 male druid. When I was levelling that one (and it was 35 or so) I told my friends I’d rather have a female cow. I just hate it how big those males are. They told me I should do it immediately else I would never do that again the further I came. And indeed I never did. I did Molten Core, got full T1 healing gear and did my share of healing. I always liked the druid, just not my male druid. So now I am levelling a female druid in between (lvl 30 now) with the intention of PvP-ing with it. They all say I am crazy, cause I have a 61 druid blablabla. But I just like the female tauren that much more.
No I am not rerolling or something, just when I have my trinket, I did all the bg-honor stuff I had to do on my lock (and I don’t feel like saving up points), so this gives me something to do in between. I plan on PvP-healing, but let’s see how it goes.

-- Zhero (will look l33t this Wednesday!)

7 Comments:

Blogger arie said...

one word: TOOL!!!

15:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep its me :)
cool post :)

Vin out

15:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved your post again as always , i always thought alcohol boosted spellpenetration with a 100% , must have made a miscalculation somewhere ;)

i can only kill noobs 4 rocks btw cool movie makes me want to play a rogue.

as for your druid already told you , man your nuts ;)

always listen to deadpool

17:56  
Blogger Muda said...

"I’ll check with my friends if I saw this one and what I thought of it."

Cracked me up, but not as bad as seeing Vin.

-Muda

18:09  
Blogger Unknown said...

Female cows ROCK!

As does vin in that crazy bingo ;)

07:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha didnt laugh that hard bout a site in erhm months.. It was class! Vin i loved it + gratzz!

Zomg Wil you bite the hand that feeds you! You made me watch that rogue movie again..... thx for that haha :). To bad this made my day yesterday... kinda needed it today ;p, feels like i didnt sleep at all. Q_Q etc etc.

Well yeah arena... Happy to say we did more games this last weekend then last 4 weeks together. Kinda nice start. War mage lock pally shammy is a great setup imo, all thigs we need we have. To bad we lost art in the mage slot aswell now as he didnt want to play it seemed.

Female cows..... Let me take this opportunity to give you some constructed feedback: NANANAN i told you so! NANANA i told you so! [points and laughs>

szwokkie off to work, laterzzz.

07:33  
Blogger Daymare said...

Glad you got to see Tool, their performances are really something.

Am gonna see that roguemovie now, as usual theres nothing to do at work...

15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home