Monday, December 31, 2007

TPS report (yes, i read the memo!)

I am not the hardest grinder ever, though always looking for ways to make money without putting in much effort. I was reading somewhere and looking for engineering-recipies (somehow I wanted to level engineering on Kirosta. It was stuck at 367 or so) when I stumbled upon the Zaptrottle Mote Extractor. It seemed you had to do a quest to get the recipy, then make the device and you could extract motes from the gasclouds which are sometimes running around in Nagrand, Zangarmarsh and Netherstorm.


I must be stupid to put it here (but have faith in people not reading this), but boy oh boy: THIS DEVICE IS AWESOME. Since the gasclouds appear on the minimap (if you have the goggles), it is very easy to spot them and each and every one of them gives you 3-5 motes. Motes of air in Nagrand, motes of water in Zangarmarsh, motes of mana in Netherstorm. One round flying in Nagrand gives me on average 3 clouds which give on average 4 motes. That is on 1,2 Primal Air each round I fly there. The same goes for Zangarmarsh and Netherstorm. I am actually mining on those rounds and these come with them. Since I discovered this, i pressed my gold for an epic flying mount (indeed my 3th (paladin and lock have one) and lend 1400 gold from Milker to get me it 2 weeks earlier. I am farming a little extra now to get him his gold back sooner. Lovely! Tnx Milk.

Zhero (warlock)
Last week I bought my vengefull legs and had 500 resilience! Since the soft cap is 492,5, I replaced two 8 resilience gems, with 4 resilience + 6 stamina gems. I had to do it like that else I did not make my setbonus by simply replacing one 8 resilince with one 12 stamina. My lock is VERY HARD TO KILL. I end up in BG’s with 200k more damage than anyone else, simply cause i can keep dotting. I do my 2v2 with Krexxor (lamer, where the f*ck are ya atm?) and was invited to a 5v5. All people got my kind of gear there, but we’re still working on being a team. I like the people though, so it’s easy to stick around. Not doing much with Zhero in terms of playingtime. A daily every now and then, some herbing+ganking (those 2 i always combine) and I ALWAYS GANK. This keeps herbing interesting. Got a few vindicator-items to go, but at 12.9k hp, 492 resilience I am fine really.

Kirosta (rogue)
Since the start of season III, i have been playing him frequently. I had 2 merciless maces and had 3k arenapoints on him which i used to replace some blues. He is fully epic and fully enchanted (mongoose for offhand still being worked on, first I have to pay back Milker) except for 1 ring and the gun/throwing weapon slot. Close to 300 resilience (packing some Kara-items). I respecced him shadowstep (18/0/43) and have a blast really. It is so much fun to play. Premeditate, shadowstep, cheapshot, 5 pt. Evis (on cloth). BOOOM HEADSHOT! Ok, warriors are less fun, but even with a good rupture/vanish start i come a long way. With ghostly strike and evasion I get 90% dodge, so i give warriors a run for their money. My record eviscerate is 3900 on some lowby alliance scum. I hope he read his combatlog :D A lot of fun, playing 2v2 with Nimroth in our combined druid/lock—priest/rogue team which is actually doing very good (the lock/druid that is :D). Will keep playing this one, but currently focussing on…

…Maix (druid)
Healing in BG’s is fun when you are with friends in there, it is not much fun with all strangers and nobody to look out for you. To make sure I do the necessary BG-grind (i am not going fast at all with the gear) I respecced. I follow all the 1337-blogs, so ofcourse I am aware of the Deep-spec (34/0/27) which I took as well. To make a long story short. My gear is severely lacking for it to do real damage, but it is a lot of fun to play. When Nimroth (priest) is with us, i don’t watch others too much, but else i keep my healing-eye open and jump into healing when needed. This makes it a lot easier to sologrind those BG’s. My healing (+100) and manaregen (40/5) went up a lot with this spec as well as rejuve and regrowth being cheaper. You miss swiftmend (and i do indeed) and the feral charge/longer bash/more armor (i don’t), but that’s it. I might respec back when doing arena, but since Nimra is my warlockpartner (and on holiday for the coming 5 days), I have plenty of time to enjoy it. Mainly playing this one 2v2 with Nimra. Now Nimra has full S2-gear and I can see how overpowered this combo is. I wait (especially against no-burst teams) till he is halflife before i even show myself. Since I do not have the survivability yet, I am playing very defensive. Whenever they go for me, i try and kite them around while Nimp is killing them. Whenever they go for him, I hassle them and keep him alive. Our rogue/priest combo keeps running into warriors (bad bad bad), but our lock/druid combo can handle them it seems (this bracket that is). I don’t want to know what happens when i have 4-set bonus and a lot more hp/resilience. It should make for higher ranking than 1667 (but only playing 10 a week now)

Soni (paladin)
Somehow I transferred some gold to Soni, respecced her to shockadin (40/0/21) and did a few bg’s (in healing gear). It makes it more bearable, but a battleground here and there is it for the moment. Being able to play something else when you want, is very nice.

Coming targets:
- Getting Milker his 1k gold back
- Gearing the druid (belt and legs this Wednesday! Epic healinglegenchant already bought)
- Getting someone on 1850+ * (i gear a lot, but can’t seem to get high. I blame the common factor of all my teams: me :D), but I can live with that.


-- Zhero (happy newyear and remember: if you quit because of RL, you are a failure to begin with)

PS: I have this all the time: I watch a clock and it says: 13:37! It must be a sign!

2 Comments:

Blogger Muda said...

Less WoW talk and more interesting stuff please =D
Think about us poor quitters.

-Muda

PS:I outgrew "1337" 3-4 years ago.

05:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a REAL life then, muda :P

15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home