Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Help me out here!!

I just was informed about the 2200 rating required for S4 shoulders. That seems very high to me (i never ever broke 1850, yes I am that bad). And somewhere else I read a lot of gear will get requirements. (head/chest 1850 needed etc.). I am not really sure if it is true, but I am wondering if that is a good thing.

My chars are typical examples of a lot of chars. 4/5 S3 with S2 weapons. My druid/lock and rogue have this. That is not something special, at this point in the season everyone has this who picked up his point every week. It is the typical sign of a character who picks up points by playing 10 games a week. The funny part is that I do not think of myself as an average pvp-er, but my gear proves otherwise.


It’s a nasty situation to be in.

I wonder if it is because i try to play too many character (already picking up points with my hunter as well) and I do not focus on completing others (aldor/scryer not exalted for example on some). And I keep telling myself that it does not matter if you can’t break 1850 anyway, but maybe it does matter in a different sense then.

If I was able to focus on 1 character, I would be ‘better’ at it as well. I admire people like Xinco (Naked) and Artanias who have 1 char. Those guys already probably have 5k arenapoints and 75k honor points waiting for them as well as Sunwell-exalted. Why can’t I stick to 1 char? I know I would be exalted with all important factions then. I know I would have had a bizillion badges in the bank. Now I have 30 badges on all my chars, instead of 150 on one. Now I am halfway to exalted with aldor/scryer with all my chars, instead of fully on one. Now I am halfway to exalted in all BG’s (not that it matters, but still) instead of exalted with all BG’s on 1 char.

The good side is that after I have been healing for 2-3 hours, I can take my rogue and kill stuff. We all know it feels good to change mains from time to time. My problem seems to be that I have 5 mains. Yesterday I even caught myself in WSG with my paladin (in greens and blues) and even enjoyed that, while we all know that a paladin can’t keep you satisfied for larger amounts of time.

So what to do?

Focus on 1 char? Optimize it (with professions as well, do you have any idea how expensive it is to level 10 professions to 375) and maybe reach 1850+ ratings as well with the risc of getting burned out on wow and that char. But getting real good at it (maybe even in pve) will satisfy some needs as well. (but which char is it then?)

Stay with multiple mains and try and be good with multiple less-optimal chars. Be annoyed by the fact you can’t reach higher ratings, but happy with the fact there is always something to do?

Please give me an answer as I have not been able to answer it in 3 years.

Fuck me!

-- Zhero (thinking about destructiongear for fun in S4)

4 Comments:

Blogger Muda said...

Do what YOU want to do. What you feel is the most fun. Simple. (For me at least :))

-Muda

18:08  
Blogger Artanias said...

OMG WELFARE SCRUB.

But on a serious note, focus on just 2 chars if you ask me, personally id suggest rogue and druid, seeing as at the moment those 2 classes are the ones doing the best in arena at the moment(warriors not included, they are ALWAYS good) locks are being beaten out of 5v5 and 3v3 as we speak with cloth zerging teams, where locks by far are the most helpless of all cloth classes. By all means, if this doesn't suit you, stick to the multiple chars and just have fun, personally for me competing is having fun, im just a slacker and whatever mood im in, and what i actually feel like doing can change very fast, often find myself sitting in school thinking "omfg wanna go home to play some arena" when i get home i feel like i can't be arsed and turn on the telly/PS3 instead. I am however fully focused on one char, even with the little amount i play lately i almost got all the badges i need on my mage to buy epic gems as the gem vendor opens, and im well on my way to reach exalted with Shattered sun to top it off. But thats just me, im an ego and i like to show off, achieving things and bragging about it, others just like to be half assed in everything and have a blast, i love to be insane in 1 thing and have a blast.

10:28  
Blogger Artanias said...

Just reading it through i should maybe have added some spaces somewhere.... Wall of text ftl

10:30  
Blogger Zhero said...

Tnx art. Usefull insight!

12:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home