Thursday, November 09, 2006

/ignore

The ignorelist. Sometimes I see people talk about their ignorelist and that they don’t have enough space. This really really surprises me. My ignorelist is empty. Ah…not totally true as I put a goldsellwhisperer once in it. But besides that I never ever have put anyone on it. Why would I?

You reap what you sow!

There you have it, ignorelistfillers! This, I really believe. A full ignorelist says more about yourself than about other people and players. If you get easily upset by people’s use of words you really must talk to yourself and ask what’s wrong. Why does it upset you?

Someone spamming a few lines in Orgrimmar, you put him in your list?
Someone bothering you for a summon or water/food, you put him in your list?
Someone saying stuff you don’t agree with, you put him in your list?

Ask yourself why you get upset so fast. Ask yourself why others can so easily get to you that you feel the need to put them on the ignorelist so you don’t have to see their words. “Good luck IRL”, I want to say to those as I am sure this haunts them there as well. Lighten up! Life’s too short to be filled with negative shit!

Now I am close to 100% sure that those with an empty ignorelist aren’t on a single list themselves. See the pattern?

-- Zhero

7 Comments:

Blogger Music said...

To purpose of the ignore list of to be able to read the general channels without having to scroll through 50 lines of

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS

[1. General] Ally: HORDE SUCKS


I think you get the point ;)

15:32  
Blogger Zhero said...

and then miss stuff like this? which just spices up the Horde-Alliance rivalry? No tnx!

15:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually just ignore people so that I can see stuff that is written in raid or guildchat. You want me to miss the guildchat because of some spammer? Or the raidchat? How is that for guild spirit? Oh, and I had Time on ignore list once :p I got no clue why, he got there before I joined Ravens.
But, I will now empty my ignorelist next time I get in-game.

20:00  
Blogger Zhero said...

I have a single new window for guildchat and minimized the general one. Really helps to keep an overview.

03:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only got the lvl 1 dudes advertising for ebay gold. no one else

17:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zomg my ignore list is empty... Not long enough in og to get annoyed + rly like flaming random noobs from time to time. Even talk to ppl i rly didnt like in the past like Saga..... Ah well long time ago all that is. Life is to short to be pissed off all the time, american history X :)

08:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah need to get account :(
Jur

08:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home